Monday 3 September 2018

Week 35/52 - Well apparently it is now SPRING!!!

Officially it is Spring but I am not quite sure that Spring got the text alert.  So here we go with some up and down all over the place weather.  But as Billy Connolly once said, "there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing."  So the strategic dressing and keeping the brolly on hand continues a bit longer!!

After a wet moment in the garden I took advantage of how everything looked so crisp, clean and colourful. 


So very pleasing to the eye and the soul.
(note my assistant was on the job)

The op shops delivered last week. I found the cutest Laura Ashley quilt and some pretty good books. Cook books and hilarious kids books!!

Old Cake tin, Dutch wooden pot, Danish plate and another Wade whimsy.

Queenie playing cards heading south to our darling friend HELGA, glorious old buttons for me,  and the most gorgeous linen tea towel heading north to my Lu-lu-Belle. 

A change or hair colour took place late in the week.  My fabulous hair dresser put Black, Brown, and Grey foils over and among my blonde. I bloody love it!!  She always straightens it, which is nice but I prefer it more messy.  So the following day I Wavy Envied it!!

On Friday on my day off I took a drive to Cambridge and then over to Te Awamutu.  I only found things in the op shops in TA.  The tea set is adorable and a childs one, but due to having spots I could not leave it behind.

On my way back home I popped in to see Dawn, and look what she has made!  I purchased the one in the middle, approx 30cm tall. She is going to make huge ones for the garden, I bet they sell well too.

I cut some branches off her Magnolia, they look so good in a vase, likewise my Peach blossom.

 Both are stunning!!

TOF and I took a drive out to Kawhia on the West Coast Saturday afternoon.  I haven't been there since I was a child, and I am pretty sure not much has changed. It was so lovely and peaceful out there. TOF goes fishing there quite a bit on the charter boats. 
 
We took the dogs and they enjoyed the water.



The drive there and back is beautiful, the rural scenery is stunning.  Such large wide open spaces, native bush, farm lands and those winding roads.


Oparau has a fence of old bikes!!
Now that is original.

 

September is the beginning of
SPRING
down here in the Southern Hemisphere.

YEAH RIGHT!!

Today it Rained, and rained, and rained, and rained, and rained, and rained, and then it HAILED hard out.  OMG it was cold and but the time it finally stopped the back yard was flooded and the hail looked like SNOW!!

The pets all waded their way through the water and the hail.

It doesn't Snow in Hamilton so Hail like this is exciting for me, and by the sounds of it, the kids over the fence in the school next door.

But my POOR garden!!

Oh well, it can only get better.

THOUGHTS:


and
 
 



 

10 comments:

chris. said...

you did good on your op shopping Sue, wow that's a lot of rain, oh well the garden can always use it. I'm reading this from my sick bed, thanks for the cheer up. Chris xoxo

Nancy J said...

Yep, it's spring, Only 1 Celsius down south this morning at the farm!!! And we lit the fire, again. I have a lot of spring bulbs, most are flowering, just the tulips to get a bit taller and burst out, and I dug out a root bound pot of Bletilla, a little mauve orchid type with what looks like a rhizome root system. Google it, and if you would like a piece, just let me know.I think it is quite rare. Hail, no wonder it was cold, and Kawhia, looks just like when I visited and stayed way back in the LATE 1950's or so.

sallyhicks said...

What fun you have been having and what wonderful colours with your flowers. Dear Oscar is giving his best in the water.
So THAT is where all the water is and why we have to keep watering the garden. Got 12 bags of compost from mitre 10 and some really pretty plants. Most will stay in the porch till the nights warm up. Thank goodness we have a great gardener but miss doing it myself. Ah well time waits for no man (or woman). Did I tell you we got a little puppy. Shitshu/Maltese black with white paws and white chin. She has doubled in size in two weeks and how we adore. I could cry when she greets me in the morning she is just so full of joy. Xxx

Bibi Maizoon said...

Spring, glorious Spring
O your flowers are stunning and I love your new steely gray hairdo!!!
We are still being steamed to death here in Nepal as the Monsoon slowly departs.

Poppy Q said...

Wow that is a lot of rain, more than we got down here although it has been days of rain. WE only seem to get one sunny day a fortnight, but nice to see some flowers, the kowhai is blooming this week, and the birds are happier.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Julie said...

We had the hailstorm here too Sue, tho I think you got much more than us. Love, Love Dawns new work - just gorgeous!! Gosh she is so clever! Hello to the the furry ones x0x0

Mim said...

Thank you for sharing your happy things from the week. I look forward to seeing your flowers as the ones here die off for the winter.

Beth Waltz said...

Thank you, Sue, for those exquisite miniatures of leaves and blossoms!

Your new hair color suits you perfectly -- and I agree, the waves are more "you". Keep growing it out and you'll have it up in braids by summer's end!

Oh, dear, buckets of rain and hail...our chickens used to emerge from their roost a'cussin' in chicken talk, almost growling. Poor chooks!

Polyester Princess said...

Love all your flower photographs, but wait: if it's Spring over there, that means it's Autumn over here! Oh no! Love the Dutch wooden pot and your hair is fabulous! xxx

Goody said...

I LOVE your hair!!!
Such lovely photographs of all the nature waking up around you. That is some hailstorm! Lets hope you don't see any more of that.