Sunday 2 September 2012

Book fair and more gardening

There has been the annual Red Cross book fair on at the Race Course over the last 3 days. TOF and I went on friday and got ourselves some books. All only $3 each.  There was even a $1 room where I picked up 8 craft magazines called Handmade for $5.

Today Sue W came into town so we went back.  All I can say, is she got plenty of books!!  The new book shelf will be chocker block now.  I found a few more and only spent $13 all up. It was a leisurely way to spend part of sunday. And of course the company was up to standard.

Most of the weekend TOF and I spent gardening.  We have fenced of his vege garden so none of our pets can get in there and destroy it.  My love of raising seeds kicked in and I planted some Capsicums, Tomatoes, Spring Onions, Lettuce, Sweetcorn, and some Wildflowers.  Rediscovered my mini greenhouse and have it full of hope.  Like hope it all grows!!

This afternoon I was collecting broken concrete from the house in front of Max's flat.  This is going to be used in the creation of more raised garden beds.  Yes, I'm on a gardening roll.  Might end up selling my produce at my gate to all the school mums.  Could even get TOF to make his world famous in our house Russian Fudge!!

some of the books

Certainly hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for another week.  We are getting closer to summer here every day now which makes me feel incredibly happy.

~goodnight~

1 comment:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Summer?? Where?? It's fecked orf it 'as! Carnts! ♥