Tuesday 17 January 2012

Flowers don't bug me

Having survived being back at work now for two days I felt the urge to have a play with beads and things.  Found these funky wooden ones at good old reliable Spotlight which is A: a leisurely walk from my house or B: a handy drop off on my way home from being out and about.  Today I chose option B.  Popped in there to look at Tuelle  because I want to add a kick arse tuelle under skirt to a dress I have for my nieces up and coming wedding in Feb this year, but that is a whole other story.  As per I got side tracked down the bead aisle where I stumbled upon these wooden treats which I turned into these.
I do tend to get carried away when I make things so not satisfied with those I then made these.

They are rather gorgeous swinging in the gentle evening breeze in the SUN!!!  OMG yes we finally have SUN!!!  And not only have we got it, but it has actually stayed for 2 days in a row.  Just in  time for all of us that had to go back to work.  I cannot really say I work because my very part time job of 4 hours a day is down to a mere 2 hours a day on a good day.  But I am in the mind of some hours are better than no hours so I turn up and bless all the lads with being there for morning tea!!  And I love having my afternoons to do what ever my heart desires, which today included a power nap also known as a Nana nap.  Woke up as TOF arrived home from a hard days work, luckily the dogs barked which woke me up in time to make it look like I had been busy doing whatever it is I should be doing in the afternoon while he is at work.  Thank god the dogs can't talk!!!


5 comments:

Helga said...

Bahahaha! I'm catching up on your last post,and the "unsafe fart" has me giggling like a schoolgirl!Raises eyebrows in the office,I can tell you! We call those "follow throughs",I think!Anyway,great to get looked over,shame about the faux shit smear!!
Love the frock,too!Lovely flamencoey ruffles!
Ooo,these beads are brill! Do my eyes deceive me,or are these earrings?!Spectacular! Bead shopping is fun,but then I'm usually too lazy to make anything...for ages...shameful!
O,and I think "wtches britches" is a Kiwi term,I hadn't heard it before I came here!I have several pairs,or I wear bike shorts,or I wear girles!I can't bear the sweaty thigh thingy.Ghastly,and not as ladylike as I'd like!
XXXXXXXXX

Sue said...

Actually Helga I was thinking of you when making said earrings, so pick a pair and they will be yours!!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Look what you can do when ya ain't sleepin'!! :D

Lea White said...

LOL - love how the dogs give you warning to pretend you are busy :-).

Love the earrings you made! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Smart dogs you have. I wish they could teach mine to do that. Oh, who am I kidding? I don't have time to nap.