Saturday 21 January 2012

Pimped My Ride!!!

Such a beautiful summers day so felt the urge to do something I have been thinking about doing for quite some time.  About this time last year I scored this garden swing off trade me.  I paid $21 for it and TOF did a few running repairs on it and it has been sitting under my Idesia tree since then.

So for a while now I have been gathering fake flowers from op shops with a plan in mind to Pimp My Ride.  Also scored a quilt from the Salvo free because it has a mark on it that won't come out, and I have an assortment of cushions, for comfort.  As you all well know, your ride has to be comfy!!
 
So what do you think?????
 





The all important test drive!!! 
All aboard passengers!!
Perfect place for a cold drink, read my book, or a quiet Nana Nap!!
 


 
 
 
 
 
Close up of the Pimping!!
My wee Oscar quite likes the  swinging chair, Sheba is not keen at all.  By Oscars bum is the gorgeous cushion my lovely friend Sue Webber made me for my birthday last year.  Dyed woolen blankets she cut into flowers and appliqued onto the woolen cushion.  Too gorgeous for a dogs bum to rest on but had to be shown off!!!
 
This is the new view from the Pimped  swing chair when reclining back, swinging gently in the summer breeze!!  Have a fab old weekend everybody, I have a date with my Ride!!!  May even get TOF on board!!







6 comments:

Lea White said...

What a cool pimped up swing.

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

OMG!! I am so coming over Monday for a swing in that! That's bloody brill that is!! :D

Anonymous said...

you don't muck around young lady - its fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

OOoooohh the FLOWERS ARE FABULOUS! Sarah xxx

Helga said...

EEEEEEEK!!!
I love it!!! You've made it truly fabularsehole,darl!!!
I could happily spend some quality time there!
XXX

Anonymous said...

You could let people have a turn sitting on it and charge them money. You would make a bloody fortune!!