Saturday 8 June 2013

An afternoon with the dead

I arrived an hour early to a rugby game today due to a misunderstanding, the team were to get there at 12 and supports an hour later.  With no rugby boots and armed only with a camera I totally fell into the supporter side of things!!   Next to the ground is an old cemetery, so what was I to do with the hour I had up my sleeve? Visit the dead of course!!
...gone but not forgotten, I think not
...I love how things were big and statement like

...box hedges and park benches all groomed, but sadly not the graves
...old rusted wrought iron with new fences and rambling roses














...some one still visits and cares
...and what do you wear when visiting the dead, purple boots of course.
I suspect this huge old lovely tree has been watching over the adjacent cemetery for a very long time.              




            




4 comments:

Vix said...

I love an old graveyard, one of my most favourite ways to pass the time. Gorgeous pictures. x

Cat J B said...

Love your style, Sue!

Helga said...

I often turn up way early just out of the fear of being late! Good thing you're a creative lass who can entertain herself! I do love an old graveyard, and you've taken some beautiful shots! The tree is a beauty. I always wonder about the bodies trees in graveyards are getting their nutrition from, I picture their roots wrapped around the decaying corpses.....is that gross?! I don't usually think of myself as morbid, but that sounds REALLY morbid!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Popular places graveyards! People are just dying to get into them!! :D