Wednesday 11 June 2014

Stormy weather all around our little country

During the night we had a Storm pass over so I woke to full on rain and wind.  Putting out the rubbish this morning in the dark, rain and wind was a challenge in itself!  By the time it was light enough to survey the property for damage, I am happy to report next to nil, one pot plant out front was on its side and the pot is broken.  I think we got off light, considering some places had and still have no power.


Call me strange if you like but I quite like storms.  There is absolutely nothing that you can do to stop Mother nature delivering what she wants, so you just have to make the best of it.  I went to work and did my Wednesday drive to the Airport job which was interesting as there was much  more traffic because the Field Days is on.  This is a huge Farming thingy that is held annually and the venue is by the Airport.  In fact our little old airport was thriving.


This is how dirty the sky looked out my way.


Keeping true to my new exercise program (thanks for suggesting it Goody) of 30 minutes of op shopping a day, I actually did probably an hour so that means I can have a day off.  Woohoo!!! I could not believe me eyes when I found the Cath Kidston wallet, in as new condition and only $4.99!!!!!  Then the small leather bag, crafted as in hand made not popped out of a factory was only $5.99 and perfect for my wallet, keys and phone when out exercising around the shops.  Hands Free!!!  Lets lift that exercise with some hands free!!   

I wonder how impressed my physio lady will be with me??


And it kept on RAINING!!!


Naked trees and brewing skies.
I like this look.


In honor of all those Farming Ladies
that will be visiting our town
while their husbands are buying tractors
at the Field Days,
I wore PEARLS!!


So TRUE,
I should have gone to the beach!!


Maybe tomorrow.


7 comments:

Leeanne said...

Glad your keeping up the exercise programme! You must have a 'Save mart' near you, they have some good bargains.We had a good non stop 24 hours of rain up here, lots of flooding.

Connie said...

Good Morning Sue,
Hey if you get tired of that rain, send some our way. We live in a dessert irrigated farm country with an average of 6 inches of rain a year. This year we are already one and a half inches short of our average. Those grey skies look pretty welcoming to me :)
Thanks so much for following my blog. I love making new blogging friends.
Have a lovely week.
Connie :)

Peaches McGinty said...

You are very committed to your exercise programme! sounds like my type of exercise too and it's very productive, win-win! Your presents from Goody were fabulous! it must have been like Christmas and your birthday at yours! the pearls are divine, very posh! your shawl is gorgeous - I like storms too x x x

Jayne H said...

Everyone knows Op shopping is cardio - good finds.
Your pearls are gorgeous, love that brooch on the shawl.

Curtise said...

Oh yes, op shopping definitely counts as exercise!
Ooh, those skies do look most ominous - we've had a bizarre mix of glorious sunshine and huge downpours. The garden's loving it! xxx

Julie said...

I am sure Op shopping counts as exercise - its quite physical deciding which bargains to take home on a certain day!!! I was exhausted after a days opshopping last weekend. I adore your pearls, I always have loved pearls & wear them lots - even just around home sometimes.

Goody said...

In my corner of the world if you "lost a pot plant", it would mean something entirely different!

I like that photo of the birds in the dark, bare tree. You're able to get some really impressive low-light photos.