Sunday 6 August 2017

Adventures in photos because it is late!

With all my good intentions to blog on a more regular basis gone out the window again, here is a catch up via my trusty camera.


The Op Shops have been visited, but my best buy is the bed end for my garden, watch this space!

Once the rain had stopped I ventured out to Sue's in a rather saturated but still picturesque Karakariki.

Down her inviting driveway for a cuppa and a catch up and see poor Max with his stitched up snoz!

I picked foliage to bring colour indoors but someone kept attacking re arranging my arrangement!

 The joyous return of flowers is happening in my garden!!



 So I picked some for inside and my assistant has left them alone.

I have been out to Dawns place to see all the creations.


We packed her car and delivered some stock to a Gallery in the countryside, leaving behind poor Webb.
 
A new Totem was erected in the garden of the Gallery and some of Dawn's birds watched on.
Dawn was selling some seconds so I purchased this set and TOF and I have been using it for our breakfast.

I also bought a bunch of her  large wired daisies and attached them to my Arch.

My Kakabeak is smothered in flowers.

The Heir and I took the dogs for a walk near his place on a sunny Saturday, past friendly nags, water and along winding paths.


Then on a sunny but chilly Sunday TOF and I were accompanied by the Heir and the Spare and the dogs on a drive out to Raglan.



The big dogs had a ball running up and down the beach and in and out of the sea, so they had to travel home in the back much to their combined disgust.



Big is tolerating his little mischievous brother Toebee.  Sheba and Oscar had Stella round for an afternoon as she escaped her yard and I got a call.  Toebee is still very much enjoying many an adventure and catching up on sleep!

Potted colour was $1 each so I topped up some pots.

TOF and I went to the movies and watch Dunkirk,
amazing film, so well done.

We went out to Raglan again today,
it is becoming a habit!!

We had a late lunch of Fish n Chips on the Wharf.
YUMMO!!


We drove out to Whale Bay,
it was windy and wild!

*And now I must go to bed* 
 









11 comments:

Nancy J said...

A few days at your place in photographs, a huge delight. Lovely flowers, the hanging down pink ones? and daffs, ours are out as well.

Goody said...

Flowers returning to the garden can only be good. Enjoyed you photos as always. I'll guess the pups slept well after all that excitement.

Leeanne said...

BED head envy now! I have always thought one of those would look great attached to out side of my house just for decorative purposes. At one of the gardens in the Taranaki Rhododendron Festival several years back there was a magnificent scene in a farm garden: A bed and a dresser, the bed had a patchwork quilt made from plants then the dresser had plants overflowing from the drawers......it looks amazing, I guess over time the wood would have rotted away, but for a few years it would have been amazing! Mmmmm "Fush & Chups"...........just what I feel like!

Poppy Q said...

Looks like you have been having a great time Sue. Spring is heading our way soon - yippee!!

Mim said...

Oh, naughty Toebee. I bet he has loads of toys of his own; he doesn't need to attack your flowers.

Vix said...

Fab photos, as always! Your new breakfast set is fabulous! xxx

sallyhicks said...

Just love all the Spring flowers. I have a vase full of daffodils picked last night. Don't like picking them as they look so gorgeous outside but couldn't resist.. Makes me feel like summer is on its way.. Love the bed head. Will look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Beth Waltz said...

Good heavens, TOF is smiling on the outside! And well he should, having spent time with his wife, sons and assorted pets in such blessed places on this sad planet. Thanks, Sue, for reminding us to enjoy the flowers, and for sharing yours with us.

chris. said...

great pics Sue, love your garden, you 2 will have to retire out to Raglan :-) your sister inlaw's stuff is so cute. mmmm yummy fish and chips, that was my first job, and still love them. Take care Sue. Chris xoxoxo

Bibi Maizoon said...

Ooo Spring is sprung in your garden!
Thank you for showing us how gorgeous NZ truly is.
Love your friend's clay artworks. The faux daisies are v=brilliant on your arbor.
What would we do without all the joy our furbabies bring?

sallyhicks said...

Beautiful flowers , gorgeous cats and hilarious oscar. Thanks Julie