Tuesday 2 October 2018

Week 39/52 - Op shopping, Book Fair, Friendship and Gardening

Over the last couple of weeks I have had some great finds at my local op shops round town, so this week I thought I would share.  There have also been great finds for my garden, not at the oppies but numerous places in town.

So here we go on a feast of photos!!!

Usually when I am out among the op shops
I find things my friends would love,
things for my wall,
my cabinet or things that I just love. 

I found four of these glass chicken egg cups,
two in one shop and two in another,
how good is that.


I could not resist the 'Grannys Ice Tongs',
the packaging alone had me laughing.

I have changed to cone incense of late so this little holder is perfect,
oh and Lotus is beautiful.

Being from the Tron,
born and bred I had to have this delightful little jug.

This gorgeous woman I found in Orphan Aids Op Shop.  I paid for it but waited a week to collect her as she was in a shop display.  I am loving her in my garden.

There have been so many adorable little embroidered clothes to take home, I have a pile growing for a friend in our Winterless North!!  The Chandelier Crystals will get crafted and the tiny trug will look super sweet with dried flowers in it.

Often when I ask TOF if he wants a coffee in the evening he goes 'yeah just a half'.  Well bugger me, he can now have that half cup!!


There are always the best selections of books to go through. So a few were picked up and brought home.  The Wreath is a project that I am planning in my head!!

Please to say old BIG is well on the road to recovery.  He has even taken to staying inside at night, maybe he has realised he isn't THE MAN in the hood anymore and he has hung up his boxing gloves, for good I hope.

I discovered my Peony was sprouting so I re-potted it in one of my BLUE pots.  I then got on a planting roll and planted carnations and other plants that I had found @ Captain Compost for $2 each.

Then in the garden section of the Warehouse I found all sorts of colourful delights.  My love of Gerberers is well known and when there are 3 for $12 it is a no brainer.  So I swooped them up, some daisy plants in varying colours and headed home to plant them all out.

Last week I spent time with Bint, Sue Webber.  One day was out at her place in the country.  I love it out there with her two remaining goats Evie and Echo.

She has been so busy this year getting her garden Wedding ready as her son is getting married in it on December 1 this year.  And it is looking so good, it will be perfect for the wedding.



We then met up at the Red Cross Book Fair last Friday.  I only got this selection and then had coffee and cake in the sunshine on a balcony at the Race Course where the book fair was.  We then met at mine and headed out on a 'Mother of the Groom' shopping mission.  Pleased to say Bint will be looking perfectly Wedding Party in her gorgeous new frock and that is all I can tell you!!

In my garden the
climbers are all climbing and flowering 
their little hearts out!!

The Hydrangeas are all bloomin' lovely!

I have Mauve coloured planting popping up everywhere.


We have had some WET days and SUNNY ones.  One Wet day I grabbed my camera and caught the magic that is wet plants.

My garden is my HEALTHY obsession,
my HAPPY place,
my Mmmmmm!!

I had a bill burning session using my clay Chimminea.  There is something quite satisfying about burning such things and as it was a cool evening the warmth from the flames was so nice.
 
Toebee joined me one afternoon on the day bed for a quick Nana Nap that ended up lasting 3 hours, we obviously were both knackered!!

--------

No words or quotes this week but a couple of yarns from the book 'Nursery Rhymes mother never read you' but she so should have!!! 



Bahahahahahahaha!!!

See you next week!

 

6 comments:

Poppy Q said...

I love all the bright flowers at your place Sue. We are enjoying such nice spring weather here - it feels so early!!!

Julieq

Beth Waltz said...

Thank you, Sue, for the nursery rhymes! I reserve your posts for my morning coffee: you never fail to deliver the smile needed to begin the day. At the appropriate time, I shall share with you a "Cajun Christmas" rhyme...

The bust of a lady is exquisite! Is that blue and white enamel on cast concrete? Was she part of an architectural feature?

Vix said...

That lady's head is absolutely gorgeous as are the flowers and the cats! xxx

Polyester Princess said...

Oh, those lovely blooms of yours make me long for Spring! Still a long way to go, though ;-) Love the lady's head, I'd have picked her up as well! xxx

sallyhicks said...

What gorgeous flowers Sue and I love the lovely lady bust. What a find. I have 2 of those blue pots with Tulips bought a couple of years ago.went back next day for more and they had sold out. Dear old Mr Big. He must take care. Some beastie lives in a 5 mile radius. Sweet Toebee. What a buddy. How is Oscar doing? Rosie has grown so fast! And what a cutie she is . Very bright and VERY good. Only plays with her own toys. Gives her ducky hell. And soooo loving.
Thanks for a great blog. Xxx

Bibi Maizoon said...

What beautiful flowers and finds! Love those books & the lady's head. Glad to hear Mr Big is on the mend.
xox