Tuesday 9 October 2018

Week 40/52 - STAY is a charming word in a friends vocabulary!

At the beginning of the week I spent Monday morning reporting for a stint of Jury Service. Thankfully my name was not drawn for either of the trails, one was for two weeks and the other was for a week, and both were not very nice cases. SO PHEW!!!  But for the rest of my working week I was on standby so I was all over the place having to phone in each evening.  But again PHEW I was not needed!! The entire experience was quiet stressful and I didn't even see the insides of a court room.

So I found sanctuary in my garden most afternoons. 

All the climbers are racing up the garden arches, I am looking forward to the Wisteria being in full bloom as it has grown up and over the arch now.

The Daisies I planted in the bike basket are very happy.

And so is this guy!
Could he get any more laid back?


I blew BUBBLES!!! 

I made wreathes from Willow I cut from a friends tree, and came home with a bag of Loquats, which I have not had since I was a child. 



I also made my sunglasses a new case as the old one that came with them broke.  I love this one way more.


On Friday I went out to help Sue get rid of the evidence do some gardening.  She had plants she wanted planted before her hubby got home so he wouldn't know!!  So I was her partner in CRIME!

We dug and planted in the borders before it got too hot outside.  Then I 'herd' a group calling my name "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueee", so off I went to investigate who was calling me.


Apparently they were saying "mooooooooooo"!!!  But they seemed pretty intrigued to see me, OMG they were all lovely.
 
After I stole picked a bunch of heavenly scented Carnations we had lunch, then I headed home.  Stopping but the old barn that has survived yet another winter to pick wild flowers.  They look great with the Pink of the Carnations and perfect next to my dads photo.

********

Friday evening I was whisked away by my friend Diane for a weekend away at her brothers beach house @ Waihi Beach.

We arrived before dusk and the first thing I saw through the gate were two perfectly placed Cape Cod chairs.

OMG this place was right on the beach!!
Could it be any better?

I wander along the sand and found shells, had a cuppa in the sunshine while browsing the local papers.  All while enjoying the views, the fresh air, and the sound of the constantly moving ocean
 
We ate out for every meal, we decided it was a no cook weekend and it was fantastic.  We looked at the shops in Katikati, Waihi and Waihi Beach, caught up and went out for dinner with friends, chatted, laughed and mostly just chilled out.


What can I say other than the weekend was perfect
and that WASP got ZAPPED!!

When the tide was in the beach completely disappeared
and those stairs became flooded. 


I set my alarm on Sunday morning so I could see the SUNRISE!!
Wrapped in a blanket with a cup of Earl Grey
I watched it rise and it was beautiful.

Wishes and Dreams
can come true!




10 comments:

Nancy J said...

Beautiful photos, but your boy on the ladder, the best.

Julie said...

Wonderful Sue! Sue W's garden is looking fantastic ... its great sometimes, to have a deadline like a wedding to get you motivated. Looks like a wonderful time away at the beach!

Bibi Maizoon said...

Oo! It's Spring in NZ! How pretty. The mild weather here in Nepal in Fall & Winter is very much like Spring too- so I'm going to start planting. Love your new eyeglass case & Toebee on the ladder is hilarious.

Kiwionholidays said...

AWESOME every step of the way was a trip down memory lane

So Happy Sue that you share this blog ,,,,and are doing what we want to do early in 2019 ,,,,,,,makes us feel like we are right back ther,,,,e and need a full on holiday of memory lane!!!



Hhappy to enjoy your memories till then,,, and such an Awesome blog and fab that you ones enjoy it all atm


Cheers from us all here

Kiwionholidays said...

So sorry about the spelling mistakes Gone before I could correct them!!!

Mim said...

What a fantastic post! I really made me smile. Especially the photos of Toebee on the ladder...

Polyester Princess said...

Phew indeed about the jury service! Loving all the fabulous flowers and Toebee's antics. Did you blow the bubbles for him? Phoebe loves it when I'm blowing bubbles, although it frustrates her that she's never able to catch them ;-) xxx

sallyhicks said...

What a wonderful week.i too had a jury call. The 3rd in my. Life and I was pregnant for one, been in a car accident for 2 and now I live too far away. So disappointing as it was one special thing I would like to do.
Mr Big my favourite photo of all..

Vix said...

I love Toebee on his ladder and your fabulous glasses case.
What a happy post. x

Goody said...

Gladto hear you escaped jury duty. I've been called several times but never had the chance to serve. I wouldn't mind, but they don't seem to want me.

Love your beach photos and garden flowers. Have a great week!