Tuesday 20 November 2018

Week 46/52 - Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

How did we get to Week 46 so quickly?

Sometimes I feel like the years are now going faster, and I am not sure I like it.  So I plan to fill my days with things that will give me good memories as often as I can, continue to surround myself with positive happy people, and do things that bring me joy.
 
At the beginning of the week I went and visited Dawn.
 
She was busily working away getting things ready for her kiln and OMG there are some gorgeous new creations on the go.  I fell instantly in love with the doll on the left so with the magic of online banking I paid instantly using my phone.  When I got home she found her way to the ever growing Wall of Whimsy.



I strongly believe in this and have many beautiful hand crafted things from people I know and I gladly promote anyone with such talent.


I also came home with this super cute bag.  When Dawn was in England she saw it and thought of me, so bought it for me.  My love of SPOTS is well known. 

At this time of the year all things CHRISTMAS are in the shops, even my beloved Op Shops.  I always buy new to me decorations each year and so far I have done rather well.

This lovely heart went to the Wall of you know what but the others are destined for my tree. No doubt more will be collected before December 1, TREE DAY!!

 
This lovely old crisp white linen table cloth is now a perfectly nice top, well it will be when I do a bit of stitching, but you get the idea of how it will look.  Another good find from Hospice.

I finally potted my two new Roses into large pots and then had to enlist the help of MAN POWER to move the buggers off the deck down to the patio.  They are flowering like mad, and I am saving and drying the petals when I dead head them.

One glorious sunny afternoon Oscar and I had a rest in the Hammock.  GOOD NEWS tho' I have found and bought another GARDEN SWING like my old one, and again for only $20.  Hopefully I will get it put together and have it installed by the weekend.

The garden is thriving and self seeded plants like this Poppy are sprouting all over the place.


Some much welcome rain one afternoon meant no need for the hose.

My beautiful fur children are enjoying relaxing anywhere they want these lovely warm days.

I am so grateful that my boys have such lovely girlfriends, I spent time with them both on Saturday.  Alex and I spent the morning together buying plants and other things.  The Yellow thing I can dry, of course and the Pink Babys Breath is also dry-able. I caught up with Toni in the afternoon while she was getting another Tattoo. My boys have chosen well, I get to hang with the girls and have some girl time.  I LOVE IT!!!

On Sunday afternoon The old fella and I went for a drive, that's what us old folk do, go for a Sunday Drive.  We stopped off at the Whatawhata Berry Farm and bought some fresh huge Strawberries. We then carried on with our drive to.......

....... Raglan of course.  The weather was stunning so with a coffee each we took to the rocks.

With lungs filled to the top with Fresh unpolluted coastal air we then went down to the wharf.

Another week finishing on a high of being able to visit one of the loveliest little beaches in our country.


This Christmas I am going to be following this format, and hoping the rest of my family will come on board.  I would rather do something with them all and make a good memory than buy something I am not sure they will even want/like.  We still have TOFs '60th' two days before Christmas.  We were planning on taking him away for the day one weekend before the big day but between the 6 of us we have no weekend free.  So this has now been postponed until the new year.  But we will be going out for lunch on his birthday so that is all good.


A Thought:

 
and a funny



 

7 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the funnies & the laugh today Sue. Everything is as always ... gorgeous in your posts. I love your new op shop finds, Hello to the fur babies. I think your tablecloth top is an absolutely spiffing idea!

Leeanne said...

Some though provoking sayings and the last one had hubby & I laughing! Mr Big is looking 'mature'. Looks like you are enjoy the sun, but hasn't it been chilly the last couple of days? Go Winter!

Mim said...

I love the wall of whimsy, and (of course) the animals. Thank you for sharing your excellent adventures.

Bibi Maizoon said...

I love your little doll with the red toenails & the pink polka dot purse!
I collect angels too. What a fab idea to repurpose a linen tablecloth. I have heard that NZ strawberries are heavenly. Ooo, I love when you post shots of the sea- it looks so much like my native northern California! xox

Polyester Princess said...

Your garden and seaside photos have certainly cheered up this cold and grey day we're having here in Belgium. Love the Wall of Whimsy! xxx

Goody said...

You have me looking through several of my unused tablecloths with an eye to making tops-I have some wild Christmas ones that will work perfectly. Thank you for the inspiration!

I made the kid do all the decorating this year as he's taller than I am ;)

Ratnamurti Saraswati said...

it all looks so idyllic (sigh)