Monday 26 November 2018

Week 47/52 - Open not only your eyes but your heart to!!

At the beginning of the week I drove on out to see Sue W to check in on all that she has been doing lately to get ready for her sons wedding.  Apart from gardening up a storm for the last couple of years she decided to recover and repaint some out door furniture.

We sat at the newly refurbished said out door furniture and had lunch in the sunshine.  Monday truly was a glorious day to be outdoors.

 Life in Black and White is never DULL!!

 But I do Love COLOUR!!

Weeds or Wildflowers?
 All I know is they looked good in a pot.

So good to have a friend
that like me
doesn't take life too seriously.

We have had lots of warm weather with a sprinkling of rain of late so the garden is flourishing.


My Magnolia Tree is covered in large White blooms, which makes a change from all the vibrant colours that are everywhere at the moment.

Working in the Office of a Sign Writing Business I rescue all sorts of cool stuff from the bins.  Like inspirational WORDS that have found there way to the guest bedroom wall with all the original Art.

At the end of the working week I went out to Lake Karapiro which really isn't a Lake it is a Dam on the Waikato River.  Anyway, the drive out in the countryside was so lovely.  I was on a Trade Me mission as I had purchased a couple of beautiful old table cloths.

They are stunning and more than likely they will be repurposed into clothing or curtains or something along those lines. 

Heading home I stopped to enjoy the views of the River and Lake Karapiro and take photos using a new lens I had purchased that morning.

Karapiro is home to New Zealand Rowing and we do have some pretty famous crews that frequent the place.  Last time I was out there I was at High School OMG!!!  Still a very beautiful place with a lot of very luxurious homes on the banks.


This is a large circular table cloth I got in a friends second hand shop, it will be a perfect summer frock, of course a colourful slip dress will be required for obvious reasons.

Behind her shop in the same old building is a Second Hand dealer.  A real Aladdin Cave this place.  The son of the old owners now runs it so it is more organised these days but all the seriously cool shit is not for sale, like those very cool old bikes!!

Such a beautiful day I drove around Lake Rotoroa, the one in the middle of my city.  Pretty sure my Dad owned a car like the one above, pretty cool.

Saturday morning we headed out to our local mall as TOF needed something to wear to next weekends wedding.  This is after the shopping had been completed, in one shop.  I rewarded him with coffee.  He will be looking perfect for a wedding now, as I also gave him a haircut later that day.


I caught up with my lovely nephew and his dog Bear at my son Max's place.  He is staying there for a couple of weeks.  I also went and met this adorable 6 week old girl whose dad is an old friend of Maxs.  Babies, nephews and dogs, what could be better?

Toebee has taken over yet another basket, we call this his lower apartment as his other one is on top of a cupboard.  He enjoys sleeping there but Big had other ideas the other day and gave him a slap around the ears for looking at him.
 Hope you are all well and happy where ever you are.

***WORDS***


 and


 

7 comments:

Polyester Princess said...

Such fabulous photographs and scenery, Sue. Your posts always make me smile, and this one really cheered me up today, as it was so dreary and grey outside. Isn't it good to have a friend who doesn't take life too seriously? Everybody needs at least one of those! xxx

Chris H said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those old tablecloths! Gorgeous photos as per usual Sue! Thanks for reminding me about where you work! The name "DORY" in yellow letters would be lovely??? Maybe some yellow bubbles too? Can you get me a price please? (for my car)

Julie said...

Another lovely post Sue ... your garden is looking very pretty. I adore your new tablecloths & look forward to seeing if you repurpose them. Love all the signage in your spare room.

Goody said...

I'm sure you can imagine what sort of words would be on my wall ;)
That magnolia is just the prettiest thing ever!
Have a great week.

sallyhicks said...

That. Was such a lovely posting Sue. You do have some lovely outings. Adore your animals but where was Oscar?
You would love Rosie. She is 5 months now. I don’t take photos but she is. A plump ,hairier version of Hairy Macleary and what a sweet nature and so clever. Understands lots of words and little sentences. Only time she is a bit much is first thing in the morning when she is so excited to see me she hooks in and up on the bed and I am covered with kisses. Not a bad thing !!!

Poppy Q said...

What a great set of sunny photos of all of your adventures. You and Sue look happy together - I love both of your hairstyles.

Do the tabby boys get along together sometime?

Kiwionholidays said...

Fab pics love them all,,and tho the wedding is probably in full swing by now (got my dates mixed up) I know you ones and Sue and her family will all have aball.

Enjoy and look forward to pics of it one day soon (smiles)


Cheers!!