Monday 10 December 2018

Week 49/52 - Jingle your bells it's bloody well December!!!

Not sure how I can top a Wedding and a surprise visitor
but I will give it a solid crack!!  

So December is finally here and after all the rain we had the sunshine decided to turn up.  A week late but better later than never.  And it has been glorious.

After work on Tuesday I drove out to Raglan to meet up with Sue W and all her family and to say my goodbyes to her sister Sandra, and Sues friends Monica and Trevor, all left for England later in the week.  Raglan had turned on a pretty good day, windy but warm, AND NO RAIN!!

I got Sandra down onto the Black Raglan sand I wanted her to go for a paddle in the sea but she wasn't keen.  She gave me this gorgeous little angel which has top position on my Christmas tree.

We had an early dinner down on the wharf of fresh fish and chips washed down with some L&P.  A good kiwi feed.  The Pohutakawa  Trees are starting to really bloom and that splash of bright red is a welcome Summer sight.  So I hugged the Brits and we said our farewells, and I then headed on home.

Last week due to it being that time of the month at work, I went Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. One of the lads was having his 24th birthday so I made him his name in fairy bread!!  He was stoked. There was normal fairy bread for the others which went down well with the shout of bakery delights that he had put on for us all.


On Thursday en route  to Save Mart (a large recycled clothing shop) I drove the back way down past the paddocks where all the horses hang out.  Ok they park up there, and they are so lovely.


I love this old shed that is in an advanced state of decay but some how still standing.  I think the plant life is what is keeping it upright.

You can turn off the road and drive down to our River, you know the one, the Mighty Waikato!  The road is lined with trees, some in flower, others had dropped small pine cones.  I gathered some of the latter.

The River was looking rather lovely on this nice sun filled day.

Friday arrived on time as per usual and I went for a drive out to Threadbear to catch up with Julie. I love her place inside and out and her adorable wee grandson Sid was there.  So good to have a good catch up, it has been a while.  Of course a cuppa was had and an assortment of homemade treats were offered.

From Julies I headed back to Kihikihi to the BEST EVER BAKERY in the world.  Well in my world and TOF highly recommends it.  I bought myself a very nice Club sandwich, and these yummy treats.  I checked out five of Te Awamutu's Op Shops and actually found nothing!!

Inspired by Julies numerous gorgeous hand made creations I picked up some needles and made a cotton Dish Cloth.  So much fun, that I am now making another one.  Look at me go!!!!

I finally dusted of my old Christmas Tree, put it up and decorated the hell out of it.  Only two sets of lights this year and all my favourite decorations.  With the addition of my new ANGEL from Sandra who has prime real estate at the top of the tree with the best views.

While doing my tree I kept seeing Butterflies outside the lounge window.  We have a large tree with these white flowers on it that the Monarchs are flocking to.  I then found one that a certain cat had brought inside so I recused it and re installed it in the garden.  Beautiful things Monarch Butterflies.

At this time of the year we have lots of Markets happening.  I went to a very cool Artisan one on Saturday where I got goodies for Christmas presents and a gorgeous Silk Kimono of a super nice Japanese chic.  Shall wear it and share it next post.  So on Sunday I went to another Market, this one was out at the Whatawhata Village.  Really nice, but lots of children stuff, not really my thing at the moment.  But I did treat myself to some flowers and a coffee, and some Plum Shortcake!!  Loved the ladies dressed in their Steampunk gear, really nice to chat to.

 
These are my flowers I brought from the lovely girls at Wild River & Co, they do such lovely arrangements.  They are the ones that gave me a dried arrangement for giving them loads of my colourful Statice.  Anyway, always nice to treat yourself to a professional bunch.

With glorious weather it meant getting outside.
Look at my BLUEBERRIES!!
 
The Flower bed is full of COLOUR and there are so many bees pollinating the berries in the Idesia trees. 
 


Life is so good in the Garden on a sun filled afternoon.
Especially when the first Hibiscus is out.

TOF and I moved the Hammock frame and cleared the pavers so we could put together another $20 garden swing that I brought off Trade Me.  

So good to have a swing seat in the garden again.  Positioned perfectly under one of the big Idesia trees, even Sheba loved it.  I am training a rambling white rose over the frame.  It's going to look amazing.

Construction took place under the watchful eye of this wee bloke!!


Max and his crazy but adorable smiling dog Stella called in much to the delight of Sheba.  These two just play and play, then Sheba just sleeps and sleeps!!

I moved the Bird Bath to this part of the Garden, hopefully they will use it and I will be able to sit on the steps and watch.


 Oscar in a happy playful mood.

Big found a perfect place to snooze in the sun.


Meanwhile Toebee is happy to lounge about in his basket on the dining room table.  Just him, his Gollie and the sunshine.

 ***THOUGHTS***

Remember that this month
when everything goes into CRAZY overdrive!

 

4 comments:

sallyhicks said...

Look at Toebee, Oscar and Big. As for pohutaka. I haven’t seen that since I was 8 and left for boarding school in the South Island.
Sue you have a little NZ i n your own back yard. How I enjoy all your pics . Your blog is a sheer delight. Thank you 😊

Leeanne said...

Glad you got out to Julie's. I love Hummingbird cafe in Kihikihi. all is looking bright & colourful in your garden from family to flowers to furry critters!
Fab sayings...........

Bibi Maizoon said...

I love the flowers in your post- truly beautiful!
I miss the holiday craft & artisan fairs like that in my native California.
Your critters are so cute!
xox

Polyester Princess said...

Glad the rain has gone, and you can enjoy some Summer weather. It is such a strange notion for us at the other side of the globe, to have Christmas in Summer, though. Love your gorgeous flower pics, and typical of Toebee to claim that basket to ... bask in ;-) Oh, and I think I need a swing seat in my garden too! xxx