Sunday 5 January 2014

Holiday time is all but over.

Both TOF and I head back to work tomorrow, and I am not sure I am ready.  I would happily accept pay into my account weekly and continue to stay home.  Hang on, that is called a "Benefit" in our country, and I am pretty sure I don't cut the mustard for one of those. SO back to work I shall go.

The boot of my car is full of goodies to put into the shop to sell.

As I was heading out this morning I remembered that the SPCA Op Shop out my way is open only on a Sunday now, so I decided it was about time I checked it out.  SCORE!!!  Retro kids swing just like my boys had $4, Fish shaped bag $1, retro blue dress that will not go over my bazookas $4, and flowing white top $2. Must remember to go back again as it is very reasonably priced.

This was the real reason I was out and about this morning.  Harvey Norman of Hardly Normal as we like to call it had prints for -15cents so I printed off over 100 for this album I have put together for Dawn.  She can write prices and stats next to the photos so it will be a good book to take as a selling tool when trying to get her creations into new places. Also a good record of what she has made to date.

There was a 45 minute wait for them to be processed so I made use of the time and went to pick up this gorgeous picnic basket I had bid and won off Trade Me.  The seller was registered as being in Hamilton. NOT!!  Only a 15 minute drive out in the country to a little place called Orini, my lesson learned from this is to ask what suburb of Hamilton from now on.  As Orini ain't no suburb of my town!!  But, my old Duraware and other old school picnic paraphernalia is going to look wicked in this huge basket.  TOF will be going on a picnic and he won't know until it happens!!

Arrived home to find TOF and his best friends having their last holiday siesta.  It is a wonder that they were allowed on the bed with him after all the digging they have done in his new garden.  This has now been fenced to prevent anymore earthworks.  Happy snoozing you 3.

I went outside in the garden to prance about amongst the flowers in my one and only pair of shorts.  That is how warm it has been, I have been wearing "shorts"!!  I am more of a frock kinda gal in summer.

Right down the back of our garden were the girls hang out TOF had left his ladder up after checking out his plum tree.  I took full advantage of this to get up close to the now redundant bird nest that was resting way up high.  Birds are very clever little nest constructors.  I have bought it down and placed it lower down in one of our lichen covered Peach trees so it can be admired now that it is no longer in use.


The sight of the White Agapanthus made me smile as I planted them over our old dog Bens resting spot. It is nice that the girls get to scratch about in his favourite part of the garden.  Poor Cassie is malting and seems to be loosing her Afro!!  She just looks quite silly.

As I sat in the garden reflecting on my mini holiday Sheba climbed onto the seat to lick me, mad dog, she will hate us going back to work.  My holiday at home has been all about my family, furry ones and humans, friends and my garden.  Never fear tho' it isn't really over as I am heading off to Whangamata next Friday for a 4 day vacay with my darling friend Leonie and my FGD.  This should be fun and relaxing, and I can catch up with my sister and other friends that are still holidaying over there.


4 comments:

Angels have Red Hair said...

I'm still very much in holiday mode … and shall remain that way until the kids go back to school at the end of the month … whether Hubby likes it or not ;0)
xx

Unknown said...

Your husband and doggies looked very relaxed,hope you enjoyed yourself at the op shop,enjoy your day back at work X

Peaches McGinty said...

excellent stuff from the op shop, the blue dress is divine, it's such a bugger though when something fab doesn't go over the chest rack (happens to me waaay to much haha!)still, you are looking hot in your shorts and top combo! I'm glad you are having another break soon, I am living vicariously through you at the moment (and I'm enjoying it!)x x x

Helga said...

I'm cackling over "Harly Normal"!!!! G and I love to give places their own names, such as "Sack n Slave"...
Anyways...SCORE!!! The fishy bag and the retro frock are quite splendid!!!
Sucks being back at work, but one must pay the bills somehow and they just won't pay us simply for being FABULARSEHOLE!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX