Friday 6 June 2014

Take the 'S' out of SuesDay and you have a SueDay!!

Unfortunately today the other Sue couldn't come out to play as she had a hot date with her vacuum cleaner and a sick cow to tend to.  

Well that's what she told me!!


So off I went all by myself!!

First I had to get my car to my mechanic for a WOF
(warrant of fitness)
walk back home
and
then I was goneskees!!


I came home with this lot
plus
two parcels in my mailbox.


From Hospice I got the big basket, gorgeous table cloth, fringed throw, and three books to read.  The set of fabulous cotton sheets came from Habitat for Humanity.


All of this from Salvation Army shop in town.  Ange who works there told me I couldn't wear the shoes as I don't own a Dairy or have a dot on my forehead, she also asked if Sue had her ankle bracelet on and wasn't allowed out for the day!!  Awesome sense of humor she has and Betty.  My two favourite ladies to call in on, apart from Jimmy in Frankton.  Actually the clothes look pretty good all layered together!

But seriously,
how cute are these shoes??
Super comfortable to.

Two dresses from Save mart in Frankton.

Save Mart Te Rapa had this little lot.
The Cardigan was more than I would usually spend
but with Navy blue and Green
Spots and Stripes
it didn't stand a chance of staying in the shop!!

After getting my way round a fare amount of second hand shops I headed on home to wait for a call to say my car was good to go.  I filled in my waiting time by doing the above and loads of washing, such a beautiful day for washing.

But what was in the parcels??

The brightest Blue dress
and
the most gorgeous light weight jacket
that can be worn together!

My intention this weekend is to have a sort out of my Winter clothes so I feel a few things shall be finding new homes very soon.  This also makes room for the new arrivals that I have been finding.  Time to go close all the curtains and put the heater on, it is slowly getting darker and cooler outside.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

**Toodles**


8 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Bahahhahah! Love the top pics! ;-D
How dare you have fun without me :D Great finds there girlie. I've been dragging my heels all day cleaning. The calf is still sick, but looking better, is eating but still not up on his feet :( I told him to get better soon cos we wanna eat him! lmao

Serenata said...

Looks like you had a great day, all that fun on your own, poor Sue stuck at home!

I actually got some clothes the other day when out charity shopping! Now need to clear my wardrobe out as I said for at least every item in, at least one, preferably two out!

Peaches McGinty said...

Your shoes, your shoes! you know I love your shoes! the embroidered beauties are fabulous and your purple awesome strapped wonders! and your outfits, love 'em! you have scored so well, I can't wait to see you rock them! I hope Sue's day got better and the cow perks up - enjoy your weekend wardrobe re-arrange! have a good 'un gorgeous x x x

Beth Waltz said...

The red and black haul is especially nice, as separates, and combined! But the shoes! The Chinese shoes! And you say they're comfy?!

Heh, heh, heh -- I do think I'd enjoy meeting Ange...

Shawna McComber said...

I love the shoes you are wearing as well as the ones you bought! What an amazing haul on this shopping trip. Now you will be ditching Sue all the time.;-)
Oh and I love your facial expressions I think you should frame that little series and hang it up somewhere.

Angels have Red Hair said...

Wow ... what a haul ... I wouldn't have been able to leave the green and navy cardigan either ... lucky I wasn't there or we might have come to blows over it ;0)
xx

Goody said...

Those sheets are too pretty to hide beneath covers-are you planning a bit of sewing with them? Good autumn colours on them, and the pattern is flower-power excellent.

You have some sort of shoe-radar that enables you to find the BEST shoes. I've never owned purple shoes. Deep wine colour, yes, but not bright purple. You've inspired me to start looking for a pair.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and get cash from every visit to your shortened links.