Sunday 19 March 2017

Life in the slow lane can only get faster!

To be quite honest I am not enjoying being broken! I love my independence and having to ask for help is not something I like to do.  I have kept going to work via Taxi paid for by ACC, other wise I would go stir crazy and things need to  be done at work.  There has been NO shopping trips or after work activities all week BOOHOO!!!  But I have been lucky to have friends visiting me every day this week, so that has definitely lifted my spirits.  I miss being in my garden and being able to jump in my car and just do things.

But once I mastered those bloody crutches I did make it out into the garden so that was a plus.


The weather has been fantastic, very Autumnal with cooler mornings and glorious days full of sunshine and happiness.  My Gerberas are flowering!

Big and Toebee stalk  watch over me in the garden.

Chinese Anenomies are popping up everywhere
and searching for the sunshine. 

The girls wait be the outside room door for me to feed them,
not an easy job to do on crutches.
They will not starve on my watch!!

My huge Blue Hydrangea is changing colours,
and looking no less beautiful.

I discovered toadies growing in a pot next to my pottery ones.
I think that is called companion planting!

The Walnuts are falling to the ground,
and so are the colourful leaves.


My friend Kerry visited with her photos of India to show me and she had bought me these gorgeous shoes while there.  I can still wear one!!


I do have a book to read when I get beyond over doing nothing 
but sit with my foot up!

OMG I even painted my nails!!

These beautiful Purple shoes arrived in the post, something I had bought off trade me before I broke my toes. Thankfully next Summer is only months away, quite a few but it will be back!!

Can you imagine my excitement when I got home from work on Friday and this knee scooter was waiting for me!!!  Supermarket shopping next week will be a dream now.  I was so excited I did laps in side the house, it is a wonder I did not crash, it is quite the zippy wee thing.

Yesterday was Saturday and TOF had a fishing trip booked which he went on.  I mooched outside in the sunshine enjoying the garden. My dear son the Spare came and rescued me from my state of cabin fever and took me out for coffee and cake! Such an adorable son he is, I so needed an outing.

All these amazing things were happening this weekend and not one of them could I go to.  These are the things I would normally just go to by myself.

The Spare declined the offer to attend with me which is understandable, I was only in need of a driver.

Next year I will be able to go, so I will have to make a note of them all for next years diary.

Sure I could have asked a friend but I didn't, weekends are precious to most people and time to do stuff with the family.

Maybe this afternoon once TOF has filleted all his fish from yesterdays fishing, he might take me around some of the Street Art.
Toebee was my source of entertainment outside.  He loves to climb and still loves to ruff and tumble my hand.  He was booked to be de sexed last Monday, but that has been put on hold.

My Hibiscus is still flowering.

The Hoya flowers appear to be crying.

Yes yesterday was definitely a good day to be outside,
oh and to wear flowers in my hair.


Even the pets tried the flowers out!!
Some weren't as keen
as others.






Time for a Toebee overload as he is so cute.

The other day he was so tired after having a snack he only made it half way to his basket.

I put a basket on the table as every time I sit at my lap top at the table he joins me.

A basket seemed like a better idea than just snoozing on the table cloth.  He can make the basket look inadequate size wise so today I am going to un earth some thing larger for him to use.

Life is so tough for such a small boy! 






Far to cute!!

Even his tiny little teeth are cute!


I go to the Fracture clinic on Tuesday and I am hoping that all my behaving myself with keeping my foot in the moon shoe and keeping it elevated as much as possible will have helped the healing process. Fingers crossed the out come is all good news.  Thank you to all of you who sent me kind messages, nice to know how much you all care.

WISDOM TIME:


And... 

 I am trying to follow this one!!


Enjoy your life and take time to smell the roses,
marvel at Nature,
and be kind to yourself and others.
 

13 comments:

Julie said...

Have been thinking of you Sue & wondering how you were faring? Glad you are still able to enjoy your gorgeous garden. With company of course!! Happy to see you have "table basket cases" at your home too. Toebee gets more & more gorgeous & cuter. Love all your flower pics. Hope you get some good news at fracture clinic xxxx

Leeanne said...

Sue I had to go back a post to she what had happened to you! I must have missed the previous post while I way tramping...........yikes those toes sure don't look quite right do they? Fingers cross for a good strong and speedy healing process...thank goodness you have had your friends and son to pop around to stop the cabin fever setting like concrete!Your furry family will be enjoying all the extra time you have at home!

Nancy J said...

Slow lane indeed, I can see I need to have some lessons from you in keeping a sense of humour/ reality/ and imagination. The scooter, however did you get one of those? We saw a person on one in Wellington Hospital, he zipped along so fast!!! And darling Toebee, he is the cutest. Hoping with more than good thoughts that the next appt. gives good news.But remember, all good things take time.

Poppy Q said...

Hope your toes are healing Sue.

Your wee furry buddy is just too cute.

SAM said...

Sending healing thoughts. Not pleasant when your ways are disrupted.

kiwikid said...

Hope you had good news at the fracture clinic . I enjoy your photos around the garden, so much colour!! Loved the toadstools companion planting!! Your table basket companion is just like Julies!! That scooter looks wonderful, will help so much with getting around.

sallyhicks said...

Think you have the best attitude. Just loved the flowers in everyone's hair! Get well soon.X

Vix said...

So much beauty to appreciate while you're housebound, Sue. After my hip was done I was stuck at home for five months - I feel your pain.
Tobee is gorgeous. xxx

Polyester Princess said...

It's good to see you are keeping your sense of humour, even if it's not easy at times. I must admit that I would go crazy being homebound. At least, the weather is still fine for you and you have your wonderful garden and your pets to keep you occupied. I can't get over how cute Toebee is, especially while sleeping in his little basket. Love that photo of you with the flowers in your hair! Keep well (and sane!). xxx

Chris H said...

I wonder if you have been to the clinic yet, and how it went? Might have to text you me thinks. Lovely post too!

Goody said...

Those scooters are such a great invention.

If you must be at home, at least you have a beautiful garden and furry friends to keep you company. I like your nail varnish, and you'll be in the new shoes long before next summer-they'll look great with tights.

Do you gather-up and eat the walnuts that fall from the tree? I know some people pickle walnut meats, which seems like a good way of dealing with a surplus.

You know, when going out shopping isn't possible there's always internet shopping-a woman has to manage somehow! I think you've earned an excuse ;)

I hope your appointment went well and you're healing quickly.

Beth Waltz said...

"Sue on a scooter?" I wondered about that option, then imagined you zipping about with a dashcam.

It's good that you have family, friends and the critters to keep you company during the healing process, Sue. Please follow the doctors' instructions and get well as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, Goody has an excellent suggestion about exploring the internet...

Bibi Maizoon said...

Oh my what a gorgeous garden you have!
Toebee is so cute. Love those purple shoes.
I wonder of hoyas would grow here in my little valley in Nepal?
Pretend shopping on the internet keeps me sane, as Goody says.
Get well soon!