Saturday 4 November 2017

Paying homage to Mother Nature and Father Time

A week ago I found myself not able to go to work as I was unwell.  I figured I had a dose of MANFLU as I felt that bad!! In fact I stayed home for four days, which is not like me.  A phone call to the Doctors confirmed that it was indeed not MANFLU but a REAL VIRUS.  I had already come to that same conclusion as the only two remedies I have ever  heard for MANFLU were to 'Harden the $@%* up or take a Concrete Pill.  The doctor prescribed neither!! 


Close call though!!

The op shops are slowing improving, as the seasons change good stuff arrives.  I couldn't resist the brass candle holders, small Russian pot and the Willie the Waiter tray.  I have a good haul of clothes on the washing line today from visit to the SPCA shop yesterday.


Can you see what Toebee has?  He was so excited that he brought it inside at about 1:30am in the morning, you know, Silly o'clock!!!  He woke me up with his running around, and off course he let it got so they could play!!

I am currently having a go at raising seeds.  I think they will be ready to pot soon.  I could not buy Echinop plants anywhere so I purchased seed, so fingers crossed they grow into big lush plants.  Off course while ordering seed on line I ended up buying lots of other lovely things for the garden.

Everything in the garden is growing at a rate due to the warm but intermittent wet days we have still been getting. I put the egg next to Toebee and he looked at me as if to say "@%#* I've gone and laid me an egg".

 The potted colour I added to the bike basket is thriving.


It would be fare to say my garden has truly
woken up.


TOF had success on the sea last weekend.  The large Kingfish got smoked and the Snapper got filleted and devoured. Fresh fish and lemon from the garden was a perfect feed.



Who knew dressing up your pets could be so much fun!!  K-Mart has so many hilarious pet costumes at the moment and so cheap that buying lots is a must. 


 Note Big did not join in,
he is more of a Ba-humbug kinda pet!!



With our lawn smothered in Daisies there was only one thing to do, make a Daisy Chain. I had forgotten how long it took to make one but how enjoyable it was.

Yep, they too got Chained in Daisies!!

OMG!!
Then there was Halloween too.
Thanks K-Mart!!


Before someone calls the SPCA on me, it was all good clean fun, no one got hurt, slightly embarrassed, but not hurt!!




The other day while out in the garden I gathered some bits and bobs.  One thing lead to another, my stamps came out along with the macro lens for my camera.

I am thinking I might enlarge this photo for my wall.

Paying homage to the two things I believe in.

So blessed to have this crazy cat in my life. 

Dorothy is clucky and resident egg warmer at the moment, you risk life and limb removing eggs from beneath her!!

My beautiful Pooches, I have just pimped my EFTPOS card on line today, my new one will have this photo on it. 
 
Toebillicous!!!



Yesterday I went and visited Julie from Threadbear Cottage, just out of Kihikihi.

I got Toebee off Julie back in January and have been trying to catch up with her ever since.  But we keep missing each other.  Yesterday the planets lined up and a visit was arranged. 

A cuppa and cake with a good chat always happens first then I love to go into her delightful little Cottage shop set in her gorgeous garden.

The Cottage is full of beautifully hand crafted treats, and you have to look up, down and all around to take it all in.  So many delights to see.






Her garden is as delightful as the cottage and I came home with a couple of plants that have since been potted up. 

I met Julie from Blogging, yet I feel like I have known her for years.  We can chat for ages and both enjoy gardening, op shopping and many other similar things, like CATS!!  Blackie and Pippie were cruising around the garden, they have the best home ever.

If you have never been to Threadbear Cottage you should take the time to go and visit, believe me you will not be disappointed. Take your purse!!!
There are even residents in her bird house hanging on the deck.

From Julies I then drove to Karakariki to visit Sue W .
She may not have been blogging lately
but by golly she has been busy in her garden!!
 
Jinx the minx followed us on our garden walk about.

Family, friends, pets, and gardening,
all the things that make me happy.
What makes you joyful? 

Wisdom:
 and


 **Love to you all**
 

11 comments:

Goody said...

Awww, I think the pets enjoyed the costumes-think I spied a smile or two. I'm sure the mouse was just a way of saying, "I love you."
Good luck with your seedlings-if anyone can get them to grow, you can.

Julie said...

Great post as usual Sue. Hello & big hugs to Toebee. Was so great to see you yesterday .... third time lucky!! Glad you got a picture of me digging your plants out of the garden for you .... my derrier showing off my doiley embellishments on my Jeans :-) !!!!

Poppy Q said...

Sue, your joy just jumps off the page. We have had some lovely spring days too so far, although windy and cloudy this weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Julie and Poppy Q

Nancy J said...

The happiness of the season is in every word and photo. Some great goodies, lovely garden pics, the boys and gals as always shine in their respective places. Daisy chains, they take ages to make, but are delicate, and a reminder of what we did for fun all those years ago. I recently found a "recipe" to make leaf prints on fabric. I can see you might enjoy this too.
Have a wonderful Sunday, and stay safe with all those crazy fireworks.

kiwikid said...

Such a pleasure to read your blog posts and see your amazing photos. Love y I ur Mother Nature Father Time photo...it would make a fantastic poster. I am lucky enough to have visited Julies home and the Cottage, such a wonderful place to spent time, Julie make you feel so welcome, she is a lovely person.

sallyhicks said...

This is such a gorgeous blog it will take several viewings but at first view I have to say photo of the week goes to Oscar in his little striped suit. What a a dear little fellow he is.

Polyester Princess said...

Stunning flower and plant photography as usual, and your Mother Nature & Father Time photo is a true work of art. Just fabulous! Of course, you should have it enlarged and framed! Love the animal costumes too! xxx

Leeanne said...

isn't Julie and her cottage & gardens delightful! I miss popping in on my way toe the Naki. I reckon your Cats & dogs groan when they see you coming with and outfit for them to wear! Like oh how embarrassing! :-)

Jazzy Jack said...

So many gorgeous gardens in NZ! It must be amazing to meet a blogger in real life.
I am trying to achieve it soon.
I love your Mother Nature photo.
And Toebee just is adorable.
xo Jazzy Jack

Beth Waltz said...

I'll be revisiting this post throughout the week to rest my eyes upon the photos of the tiny "bits and bobs" one would miss just strolling through the yard.

Hope you're feeling better after coping with the manful, Sue. Pity the pet costumes didn't include a nurse or doctor's "white coat". At least Toebee brought you a snack...

Bibi Maizoon said...

Hope you're recovering from pseudo-manflu!
Such an amazing garden- Fall & Winter are like a very mild & DRY Spring here in Nepal.
Looks like your furbabies are all set for Xmas as well as Halloween!
The Toebster is so adorable!